(Handmade Designed Pin Board/Notice Boards, Wall Hangings, Text Board,
Name Plates, Home-Wall Decorative items in different size & colours),
We are identified as the responsible Supplier and Exporter of Kanico Softboard
from India. The Softboard, we offer, is highly suitable for ceiling, partitions, panels and floorings. Kanico Softboards are used as ceiling and wall linings and carpet underlay particularly to create sound-proof ambience especially in recording studios and auditoria. We offer an anti-termite treated Kanico Softboard to make it resistant to rodents or wood boring insects. Buy Softboard at reasonable prices.
- Composition and Manufacture :
Bagasse is reduced to fibres which are then felted to form a continuous sheet. After cutting to approximate size, the sheets are passed through a drying oven. These sheets are trimmed to board sizes.Improved acoustic properties are obtained by grooving insulating boards to part of their depth in various patterns.Production tolerances : Permissible deviations in length, width and thickness from manufacturers stated size are as per those given in Table 1 in IS 3348 and Table 1 in BS 1142 : Part 3, Smaller tolerances than those specified can be obtained by agreement.Weight : Weight of boards varies according to brand. Typical weights (kg/m2) are 2.5-2.7 for 9mm thickness, 3.2-3.7 for 12mm, 4.4-5.4 for 18mm, and 6-7.5 for 25mm.Density : Generally within the range of 230 to 330 kg/ml IS 3348 maximum is 400 kg/m3. BS 1142 maximum is 350 kg/m3.
Varies from smooth to dimpled.Color of most boards is various shades of cream and brown. Some boards are coated with a white primer for painting.Special boards available : Painted, paper plastic or textile faced. Flame-retardant treated types are available on request.
Climatic Effect :
Kanico Softboards are hygroscopic in nature. Their dimensions change in response to changes in humidity. If these dimensional changes take place after the boards have been fixed they may cause bowing or gaps at joints. To avoid this the moisture content of board may first need to be adjusted to that of the surrounding air by conditioning. Conditioning is done by placing the boards in the room where they are to be fitted for 24 to 48 hours to attain the same moisture content.
The contribution to the fire resistance of a structure is proportional to the thickness of the board. For example 12mm insulating board will contribute 15 minutes fire resistance when used as lining to wall or partition and 10 minutes when used as a ceiling.Combustibility :
Combustible as defined in BS 476 Part 4 and IS: 3348 clause 9.6.Ignitability :
not easily ignitable as defined in BS 476: Part 5 and IS:3348 clause 9.6.Calorific value :
is approximately 19.8 MJ/kg; thus when 12mm insulating board burns it yields about 60MJ/m2.Spread of flame :
Class 4 as defined in IS 3348 and BS 476 Part 7 when undecorated. Further treatments can be applied to achieve compliance with higher spread of flame requirements. Class 1 or 2 can be obtained by bitumen impregnation during or after manufacture. Improved spread of flame performance can also be obtained by painting the surface in the factory or on site with a flame-retardant paint.
Gases Water Vapour :
- Water vapour permeability :
of 12mm natural insulating board is approximately 1.2 to 3.4g/sMN Board with surfaces of aluminium foil or PVC provide a vapour barrier. Vapour barriers can also be provided by two coats of flat paint to give permeability of 0.067g/ sMN and by a gloss paint system to give a value of 0.027g/sMN. (A material is considered to be a vapour barrier when its water vapour permeability does not exceed 0.067g/sMN.)
Look at what you can do with Kanico Soft Board :
- Softboards which have been grilled or drilled to improve their sound absorbing capabilities are used as acoustic boards. They are used as ceiling and wall linings and carpet underlays particularly where reflected sound is to be reduced eg. in recording studios and auditoria.
- Kanico Softboard aesthetically covered with attractive fabrics serves as a practical and unobtrusive display board, ideal for window dressing and other displays in all kinds of stores, schools, homes and offices.
- Softboard is also used for all purposes where good thermal insulation is required, in the form of wall linings, ceilings, and roof linings. It is also used as core material for partitions and doors, for partition panels, and as anti-drum lining for metal partitions and machine casings. Ideal for packaging
- Kanico Soft Board can be effectively used for wall linings, and ceilings. When used for panelling and partitioning with adequate framework for support, insulation board helps absorb reflected sound.
- Kanico Softboard, aesthetically covered with attractive fabrics serves as a practical and unobtrusive display board ideal for window dressing and other displays in all kinds of stores. Another fast growing application is pin board (a smaller size ready to use display or notice boards.)
- Use of softboard in recording studios, auditoria and other places that require sound control results in effective reduction of reflected sound.
- Soft board is also used for all purposes where good thermal insulation is required, in the form of wall lining, ceilings and roof linings. It is also used as core material for partitions and doors, for partition panels, and as anti-drum lining for metal partitions and machine casings. For purpose requiring a resilient material, such as a floor or carpet underlay, it assists in reducing impact sound transmission.
- Due to its resilient nature Kanico Softboard is used as base material for expansion joint fillers.
- Predecorated boards are available. In situations where humid conditions may arise bitumen-impregnated soft board should be specified.
Board will not normally be attacked by rodents or wood boring insects common in India. Boards can be anti-termite treatedFungus resistance : Like other fibre building boards Kanico Softboards are not susceptible to attack by rot fungi and microfungi under normal circumstances of use. Superficial mould growth is not readily supported on any type of insulating board.
- The thermal insulation characteristics of fibre insulating boards are given in IS 3348.
- Thermal conductivity (k) : shall not be more than 5.6 kcal/ cm/m2 h"c (or 0.65 mw/cm deg.)
- Against the BS 1142 max: mean k-value : 0.058 W/m"C, the thermal conductivity (k) is 0.044 - 0.050 W/m"C.
- Specific heat : 1580J/kg?C
- Thermal diffusivity : 5.6 x 10" m2/h
Kanico Softboard has good durability. It will be damaged if subjected to high impact loads. Thermal insulation value is reduced if the board gets wet.
Working Characteristics :
Kanico softboard is a light weight, easily handled material which can be readily cut with a sharp knife or sawn with hand or machine saws. Special cutting tools are available for chamfering. It can be bonded with all wood working adhesives and nailed in the manner of other wood based sheet materials. It can be decorated easily with all commercial paints and coatings and can readily be faced with other sheet materials.